An Introduction of Myself (Revised)

Subject: An Introduction of Myself 

Dear Professor Brad Blackstone,

My name is Aasiq Ahamed and I am currently a year 1 student pursuing a degree in civil engineering. I am in your effective communications class T6. Back in Singapore Polytechnic, I studied diploma in civil engineering. In polytechnic, I did not like the course as I found it boring. That was due to me hearing my dad talking about his work experiences as a civil engineer. The knowledge and experience I have gained in my internship, made me realise how much I can do and accomplish in this field. Hence, I decided to pursue this field. 

In my free time, I love to play computer games, take care of my plants and hang out with my friends. I love the nature a lot. I have three plants, a peace lily, an oxalis triangularis and a red fittonia. I named them Lily, Roxy and Joey respectively. With how face-pace and stressful life can be, these plants helped me feel calm and love myself. I am certain that I will own lots of plants in the future and maybe even adopt cats. 

English language has always intrigued me. It is a beautiful language. I have always told myself that I will always improve on my English language. Along with my enthusiasm in learning English, I have a weakness which is speaking in front of a big crowd. I may be confident when I am practicing but as soon as I see a big group of people, I tend to panic. I believe I will learn good presentation skills and professional writing in your module. I am looking forward to improve on my weakness with your guidance. 

Here is to a fruitful and joyful learning journey ahead. 

Thank you. 
With regards,
Aasiq Ahamed
T6


(Feedbacks were given for self introductions of Amos, Darren & Yunhuang.)

Comments

Popular Posts